SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Tummy Tuck Surgery in Bangalore
“Feel comfortable in a Belly button piercing or get back in shape after Pregnancy.”
- Are you feeling uncomfortable post-childbirth with a lower belly bump
- Are you having loose skin and stretch marks after childbirth?
- Did you lose a significant amount of weight and now the issue of hanging skin is your concern?
- Do you want to improve abdominal tone and better your posture?
- Do you want to restore a contoured and flat tummy?
The tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery is performed to make your tummy in a shape. It is done when you are not able to get back your pre-pregnancy figure after childbirth even with regular gym, exercises, and diet control measures. In such a case tummy tuck surgery can be a savior.
There are many variations of tummy tuck surgery that comes to give you a desired and sculpted tummy profile and is chosen based on your problem status and anatomical profile. The types of tummy tuck surgeries are Mini tummy tuck, Standard tummy tuck, Extended tummy tuck, Circumferential tummy tuck (belt plasty/ lower body lift/belt lipectomy), Dermolipectomy, Lipoabdominoplasty, and Fleur-De-Lis tummy tuck.
Dr. Karishma Kagodu has expertise in performing abdominoplasty surgery with the combination of VASER liposuction known as lipoabdominoplasty that gives natural looking results with a high-definition sculpted abdomen profile. At Dr. Karishma Aesthetics, she performs tummy tuck surgery for both men and women and is known for her dexterity in giving the hourglass shape in females and the V-shaped torso for men.
It is a great feeling of accomplishment to lose dramatic weight, whether through diet and exercise or post-bariatric surgery. But, it is a fact that after losing a significant amount of weight you will experience sagging skin, especially, in the abdomen area. This sagging skin is restricted to respond through a gym or strenuous exercise as the skin permanently loses its elasticity and tone. Thus, tummy tuck surgery is performed to restore the abdomen profile with a slimmer and smoother tummy appearance.
It has been reported that the demand for tummy tuck surgery is very high in India, especially in Bangalore where it is all possible to achieve the best results of abdominoplasty surgery at a reasonable cost with the expert hand of the plastic surgeons. Patients from all over the world are interested to avail the benefits of medical tourism in India and get the desired tummy shape with the tummy tuck surgery in Bangalore. The Tummy tuck cost in Bangalore generally ranges from 80,000 upwards depending on the state of the problem area and expertise of the performing surgeon as well as the credibility of the hospital.
What is Tummy Tuck Surgery?
An abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery is about contouring the body by eliminating the accumulated excess fat, skin with the repair of weak abdomen/stomach muscles. A tummy tuck surgery is useful in restoring the look of a flat and contoured midsection. It is very common to experience skin sagging after pregnancy or may be caused by a significant shift in weight, but with the help of tuck surgery or abdominoplasty, one can get the pre-pregnancy body shape and contour. However, it has great importance in cosmetic surgery that requires a lot of understanding and briefing before having the abdominoplasty or tummy tuck.
It is major surgery, so prospective patients are advised to do in-depth research and analysis while choosing the plastic surgeon or cosmetic clinic for the procedure. The tummy tuck makes the abdomen thinner and firmer. It is not a weight loss surgery. It is only a body contouring surgery.
The surgery involves the elimination of unwanted fat and skin from the middle and lower abdomen helps to tighten the muscle and fascia of the abdomen wall.
It is not liposuction, but one can choose to get liposuction along with a tummy tuck procedure for 360-degree contouring. In the case of women, these procedures are chosen after the lady has completed her family life. Men tend to choose this procedure after massive weight loss either after undergoing bariatric surgery or by diet or exercise.
- Time required: 2-5 hours
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Pain level: Moderate (Pain for 4-5 days. Pain medication provided for relief)
- Hospital Stay: 1-2 days
- Fly back: 7-10 days (For foreign or outpatients)
- Success rate: Very high
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TUMMY TUCK SURGERY?
- Men & women can get a firmer and toned abdomen shape with abdominoplasty surgery.
- It’s a permanent removal of fat via liposuction as a part of tummy tuck surgery referred to as lipo-abdominoplasty.
- Tummy tuck surgery makes the abdomen thinner, firmer, and also improves the posture.
- It helps in improving overall health by removal of extra body fat. It’s a good way to improve a healthy lifestyle.
- The tummy tuck surgery tightens the abdominal weakened muscles that further helps in alleviating back pain, preventing future abdomen wall hernia.
- Abdominoplasty surgery has a significant role in reducing stress urinary incontinence (SUI).
- Tummy tuck surgery corrects ventral hernia.
- It helps in boosting self-confidence and also plays a key role in maintaining cleanliness & personal hygiene, for those having recurrent skin injections at the pubic area under the hanging skin on the abdomen.
AM I THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR TUMMY TUCK SURGERY?
- One should have persisting loose lower belly skin and fat, hernia, umbilical hernia
- You have excess fat deposits and loose skin around the belly
- You have multiple stretch marks due to pregnancy or weight loss
- You have had several pregnancies and want to tighten the abdominal muscles
- You are physically fit and done with family planning
- You have a stable weight but separated and weak abdominal muscles
- You have realistic expectations and mentally prepare for the surgery & recovery
- You have abdomen hanging loose skin post-bariatric surgeries
- Men and women with a good medical condition are good candidates for tummy tuck surgery.
A general physical examination will be done to check your BP, sugar, thyroid, or any other health associated concern. It is needed to control diabetes and hypertension or any other medical co-morbidity before the procedure for performing a safe surgery. One must have optimum health for achieving a safe and smooth recovery.
At Dr. Karishma Aesthetics an expert anesthesiologist will attend to you for a higher safety purpose. Tummy tuck surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia but Dr. Karishma Kagodu will suggest the best choice for you according to your problem state.
A low incision is made under the bikini line just above the suprapubic hairline extending sideways. The shape and length of the incision are determined by the amount of excess skin. After removing the excess abdominal skin and fat, the underlying weakened abdominal muscles are repaired. The incision is made over a pre-existing C-section scar if present and extended side wards within the bikini line.
A second incision is made around the navel to remove excess skin in the upper abdomen and reposition the belly button. The excess skin trimmed and the remaining skin sutured together. A new opening of the belly button is created, and a new belly button is refashioned.
Closing the incision:
Sutures are made below the bikini line so that one could wear swimsuits easily. Skin suturing is done in layers so that it could be concealed effectively.
Abdomen sculpting is done with liposuction by correcting minor asymmetry. This gives a 360-degree shaping.
It is required to be in the hospital for 1-2 days as it is generally performed under general anesthesia. Thus, you can go home the next day of the surgery as told by the surgeon. You will be provided with post-care instructions and pressure garments to wear.
One can start walking the same day of the surgery. Office work can be started after 5-7 days, whereas driving should be avoided for at least 7-10 days. One can resume cardio activities after 2-3 weeks. The strenuous exercise can be started after 1-2 months.
THE RISKS INVOLVED: ARE YOU WORRIED?
Tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and the decision of having the same is all decided by the expert surgeon’s advice. The plastic surgeon recommends the procedure only when the benefits achieved by the surgery would fulfill your desired goal. Therefore, it is always advisable to receive primary consultation first with the board-certified plastic surgeon so that you could understand the procedure more briefly.
Risks and uncertainties associated with the procedure are very common likewise other surgical procedures. But, a good plan, right evaluation, effective measure, and an expert surgeon will help you to achieve the best outcomes with very minimal side effects or uncertainties.
Some common risks involved with Tummy tuck surgery are as follows:
- Bleeding: Very rare
- Anesthesia risk: Small to major reaction or fluid imbalance can occur if the anesthesiologist is a novice. Our expert anesthesiologist will reduce the anesthesia risk or make it nil with the effective measures.
- Infection: Infection can occur if the operation theatre is not well prepared. At DR. Karishma Aesthetics we follow all the standard protocols to perform safe and infection-free surgery.
- Fluid accumulation (Seroma): At times a person’s body may secrete excess fluid in response to surgical/trauma insult, which is collected as small pockets of fluid, medically termed as Seroma. A small seroma gets absorbed on its own, but excess fluid needs to be drained off with a needle. The open drainage technique helps in reducing the risk of fluid accumulation. The body responds to any trauma/surgical insult by secreting inflammatory fluid which should be effectively drained.
- Contour irregularities: Skin may look bumpy, wavy, or irregular due to uneven fat removal. However, it is all about the surgeon’s expertise how well he/she managed the procedure with utmost precision.
- Scarring: Tummy tuck surgery leaves a permanent scar but the length and visibility of the scar vary from patient to patient. The scar can be camouflaged effectively because an incision is placed along the hidden bikini line.
- Numbness: You’ll likely feel some numbness or reduced sensation in the operative area, which usually diminishes in the months after the abdominoplasty surgery.
NOTE: At DR. Karishma Aesthetics, you don’t need to bother about any kind of side effects or risks as we are committed to following all the standard safety and hygiene protocols to avoid the risk of side effects or discomfort. No life-threatening side effects are seen under experienced hands. DR. Karishma Kagodu and her team are highly committed to a safe and result-oriented tummy tuck surgery.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS?
Results are immediate with major differences in your tummy after the surgery. The final outcomes will take 6-8 months. Tummy tuck results are long-lasting if stable weight is maintained. Tummy tuck surgery gives you a more toned, contoured, and slimmer abdomen appearance.
The Timeline of Tummy Tuck Surgery results is as follows: -
1st Week: Some swelling can be experienced. Open drainage will give you less swelling compared to the closed drainage technique.
1st Month: A major difference can be seen as the maximum of the swelling has been diminished.
3-6th Months: A complete outcome of tummy tuck surgery will be visible now.
8-12th Months: Collagen synthesis and skin tightening take place.
TUMMY TUCK RECOVERY:
Tummy tuck surgery recovery usually depends on the extent of the procedure, the expertise of the surgeon, the technology used, as well as your physical status. Thus, it is important to follow the surgeon’s instructions, take prescribed medications, and visit the clinic as advised.
A patient coming from outside Bangalore is advised to reach one day before surgery and should stay for a minimum of one-week post-procedure.
Pain: Mild to moderate which improves within a few days.
Diet: There is no restriction on diet after surgery. But, you are advised to maintain a stable weight for a long-lasting result. A high-protein diet enhances a faster recovery.
Bruising: It lasts for 2-3 weeks.
Walking: One can start walking the same day of the surgery.
Resuming office work: Usually, after a week.
Driving: After 7-10 days
Cardio activities: After 2-3 weeks
Strenuous Exercise: After 2-3 months
Pressure garments: One has to wear a pressure garment for 4-8 weeks.
APPLIED ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY TO PERFORM THE PROCEDURE:
Men and women both have different bodies and require a lot of assessment perfection and expert sense while evaluating them for the tummy tuck surgery. Only a board-certified plastic surgeon with sufficient précised skills & experience in doing the surgery can choose the right match of the technique according to your problem state and body profile.
Dr. Karishma Kagodu is well-versed in performing tummy tuck surgery and has more than a decade of experience with all the techniques, including the latest one, and has satisfied many patients globally.
There are many variants of tummy tuck surgery such as mini, standard, lipoabdominoplasty, extended, torsoplasty, circumferential or belt plasty, dermolipectomy, and Fleur-de-lis tummy tuck surgery, but the expert surgeon firstly evaluates your tissue condition then only decides the right match give you the desired outcomes.
Have a look at the various types of Tummy Tuck surgery as mentioned below:
- Mini Tummy Tuck: It targets the areas of the tummy that lies below the navel. It requires a single incision at the bikini line that is easily concealed under lingerie. Mini tummy tuck surgery would be appropriate for small skin excess. Women after completing their pregnancies and men too are ideal candidates for this surgery.
- Standard/ Full/ Traditional tummy Tuck: This surgery focuses on the entire midsection and is considered the most common type of tummy tuck surgery. One who has a weakened abdominal muscle or experience abdominal wall laxity is an ideal candidate for standard or full tummy tuck surgery. It requires two incisions- one in the lower abdomen and the second is made around the navel. These incision sites allow removing sagging skin from the lower abdomen. It also helps in tightening the abdominal muscles resulting in a more toned midsection.
- Lipoabdominoplasty or Brazilian Tummy Tuck: In lipoabdominoplasty, an advanced liposuction technique is used to remove subcutaneous and pinchable fat. It requires dissection of the central part of the skin flap for muscle tightening. It gives more defined outcomes with a thinner and contoured abdomen. It is also considered to be a safer technique of tummy tuck surgery.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: It is the most performed abdominoplasty surgery for those patients who need a significant amount of skin removal. The need for excess skin removal typically occurs after massive weight loss. It involves a large incision to tighten the skin evenly down across the tummy. It also helps in lifting the lateral thigh skin.
- Torsoplasty or 360-degree Tummy Tuck: When liposuction combined with the back, bra roll, a hip area is known as torsoplasty. It helps in giving a narrow waistline. The hourglass body shape or V-shaped torso is achieved by torsoplasty or 360-degree tummy tuck surgery.
- Circumferential tummy tuck/ Belt plasty/ Lower body lift: After massive weight loss or a large amount of fat, liposuction one can experience extra skin on the backside, and removing this skin done with a circumferential tummy tuck. It also helps in lifting the butt and tightens the lateral thigh skin.
- Dermolipectomy or Panniculectomy: When a patient has a severe skin laxity and severe loss of muscle tone and just wants the skin excision, only the lower hanging pannus is removed. And this is called dermolipectomy.
- Fleur-de-lis Tummy Tuck: The fleur-de-lis tummy tuck surgery requires an additional incision, running vertically down the midsection, to better address the lax abdominal tissue. It is widely considered to be a safe and satisfying procedure.
TOP THINGS TO CONSIDER WHILE CHOOSING THE TUMMY TUCK SURGERY:
- The performing surgeon must be a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Your surgeon should have international accreditation and he/she should have certified membership of ISAPS, ASPS, APSI, IAAPS, etc.
- It is needed to check the location of the clinic as well as the clinical setup.
- The clinic must follow the international standards for safety & hygiene.
- The clinic must keep the record of their past patients with ‘after & before’ photographs.
- Do you have realistic expectations?
- Are you ready for following post-op instructions & clinic visits when required?
- Ask a friend or family member to come along with you so that they can take you home after the surgery.
- Are you ready with pre-procedure questions concerning the possible outcomes, potential risks, post-op instructions, surgeon’s expertise, clinic reputation, cost, and recovery period?
WHAT TO ASK A SURGEON?
- Does the surgeon decide the right technique of tummy tuck surgery, according to your present state of the problem?
- How much experience your surgeon has with tummy tuck/abdominoplasty surgery?
- Does your surgeon briefly describe the technique of tummy tuck surgery you need?
- Does your clinic/centre inform you about following the standard measure of safety & hygiene?
- Have your photos taken and evaluated by the surgeon?
- Does your surgeon inform you about the possible risks & complications associated with the tummy tuck surgery?
- Did you get confirmation about the cost of tummy tuck and the availability date to receive the procedure?
WHAT SHOULD YOU CONSIDER TO DETERMINE THE SURGEON’S EXPERTISE/AESTHETIC SKILLS?
- Recognition: The outstanding aesthetic sense and skills of a surgeon can be determined by his/her credibility in the cosmetic fraternity with many good results, successful hands-on practices, membership from recognized international as well as national cosmetic & plastic surgery society, i.e., ISAPS, ASPS, APSI, IAAPs, etc.
- Results: It is inevitable to crosscheck the results given by the surgeon via websites, review’s portal, and feedback expressed by the patients, and these all are counted as the most authentic source of getting reliable information about the surgeon’s dexterity and expertise.
- Achievements: The reliability of a surgeon’s work can be proved by his/her achievements in the respective field. The certificates, awards, achievements, and acknowledgment earned by a plastic surgeon have a significant role in deciding their aesthetic skill’s credibility.
SOME FAQS OF TUMMY TUCK SURGERY
Is Tummy tuck an Outpatient Procedure?
Tummy tuck surgery is done in a hospital or a daycare surgical facility as it all depends on the problem state and extent of the surgery in terms of using the technique/method to perform the surgery. However, tummy tuck surgery can be performed in an outpatient surgical facility.
Who are the best candidates for tummy tuck surgery?
It is suitable for both men and women who are in good health. Women who have had several pregnancies can choose this procedure to address loose abdominal muscles and skin. It is a good option to deal with excess fat deposits and saggy skin around the belly.
What is recovery like?
Following the tummy tuck surgery, drain tubes will need to be left in place for about 2-3 days. One can experience some amount of bruising and swelling, though these discomforts will subside over the course of a few weeks. One can resume normal daily activities after about 1-2 weeks. It is advisable to avoid strenuous physical exercise for at least 6-8 weeks.
Does Tummy tuck surgery correct obesity?
Tummy tuck surgery is not a weight loss procedure, although it gives you a defined contour shape to your abdomen. It has a significant role in maintaining a healthy lifestyle as loose abdominal skin and muscles, as well as excess fat deposits, are successfully removed from the belly.
Does a tummy tuck surgery remove stretch marks?
Yes, it removes stretch marks from the lower abdomen along with extra saggy skin.
Does the fat come back after tummy tuck surgery?
Not at all! Fat cells don’t grow back in the operating areas after tummy tuck surgery.
Is a tummy tuck a painful procedure?
The procedure is done under general anesthesia thus you won’t feel any pain during the procedure. Pain medications are prescribed to control your post-op pain which is needed to be continued for a few days.
Does tummy tuck surgery give a permanent result?
Yes, it gives a permanent result. But, it is advisable to maintain a healthy lifestyle and do not put on weight after the surgery in order to achieve a long-lasting outcome.
what does tummy tuck cost in bangalore, india?
The tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and the cost may vary from one patient to another. The cost of the tummy tuck surgery in Bangalore is relatively lesser compared to the cost of abdominoplasty surgery applicable anywhere in India, especially the capital city, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Pune, or Jaipur.
The cost of cosmetic surgery cannot be put in a straight way as it has dynamic characteristics concerning the patient’s anatomical or physiological status, employing of the particular technique, standard safety & hygiene concern, as well as the expertise of the performing surgeon and reliability of the cosmetic centre. However, it is inevitable to receive the primary consultation and clear your doubt and confusion and then only plan the surgical procedure.
Some factors directly influence the cost of tummy tuck surgery as follow:
- The Patient’s profile (The amount of fat to be removed, body structure, i.e., height, weight, amount of residual fat, excessive loose muscle, or extra skin; revision case, etc.)
- Surgeon’s Fee
- Anesthetist fees
- Medicines/consumables during surgery (Pressure garment, surgical medicine, or disposable)
- Hospital facility & stay
- The technology used (Endoscopic tummy tuck or lipoabdominoplasty will have greater cost)
- Immediate post-operative follow-ups.
NOTE: GST must be added to all cost quotes.
Generally, the cost of tummy tuck surgery in Bangalore ranges from 60,000 to 120,000 INR plus GST. (Depends on the area of treatment)
WHY CHOOSE DR. KARISHMA AESTHETICS?
- DR. Karishma Aesthetics is headed by DR. Karishma Kagodu a highly reputed name in the plastic & cosmetic surgery fraternity in Bangalore, India. She has fame globally due to her exemplary surgical hand and outstanding aesthetic vision. Thousands & thousands of patients vouch for her astonishing artistic vision and skilled super perfection in performing the tummy tuck surgery in India.
- DR. Karishma Kagodu, M.Ch, M.S. is one of the best tummy tuck surgeons in Bangalore, India, and accounted among top cosmetic surgeons practicing in India.
- DR. Karishma Aesthetics is top tiered plastic & cosmetic surgery centre recognized globally for its state-of-art facilities.
- The clinic is fumigated, equipments are sterilized, and surroundings are disinfected vigorously after every surgical procedure in the view of COVID- 19 safety & precautionary measure.
- DR. Karishma Kagodu is a great researcher and felicitated many a time by the recognized foreign as well as national societies & forums.
- She has completed her expertise cosmetic surgery training from countries like Italy, Dubai, England, and Turkey.
- She updated herself by attending international conferences.
- DR. Karishma Kagodu gives a sufficient amount of time in the consultation process to carefully analyze every patient concerning their problem’s extent and feasible technique in order to get the best results.
- We have great concern for our patients’ privacy & confidentiality.
- We have a transparent cost system for every procedure.
- We have specially designed, set up concerning the anesthesia safety and patient’s comfort.
- We have a responsible patient support system.
- Supportive clinic staff always ready to take a patient’s concern.
- A 24/7 appointment ready to serve you.
- We have a strong follow-up system.
- We cater to patients via WhatsApp, personal mobile, and here also on the social platforms to guide you and assist you in the best way.
The content published on the website is for creating awareness and educating purposes only. This shall not be considered as a substitute for professional advice or prescription. The results mentioned on the website may vary from person to person as each case is different.