SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Gynecomastia/ Male Boobs
Redefine Masculinity | Male Breast Reduction Surgery in Bangalore: Gynecomastia Surgery Adds More Power to You
“Feel a sense of Pride."
- Are you uncomfortable or self-conscious about the appearance of your chest?
- Are you finding difficulties in doing certain activities because you are afraid to show your chest?
- Do you feel uncomfortable going shirtless or bare chest while swimming or gym?
- Are you afraid to go into a relationship or dissatisfied with your sexual life?
Don’t let your heart down and get back your confidence with gynecomastia surgery in Bangalore. Male breast/chest reduction or Gynecomastia surgery is performed to shape your chest the way masculinity demands and build your self-confidence with more pride and satisfaction.
Male breast reduction surgery in Bangalore is one of the most demanding cosmetic surgeries in Bangalore and patients from all over India, including foreign countries, join Medical tourism in Bengaluru to have this surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery gives you a permanent chest reduction with an almost scarless, painless, as well as flattened chest appearance. It solves the issue of man boobs or moobs in a very effective manner and one gets ready for flaunting the chest the way they want.
At Dr. Karishma Aesthetics, Karishma Kagodu is an expert in male breast reduction/Gynecomastia surgery. She has patients flown in from throughout the country for gynecomastia surgery. Her experience and judgment will help you to achieve the lost confidence with a shaped chest as a permanent solution to the enlarged male breasts.
Enlarged male breast makes a man have a feminine appearance which might disrupt your mental peace and affect one’s self-esteem. Therefore, it is an important concern to have a single one-shot solution for enlarged breasts in men, and Gynecomastia surgery is the best solution.
Gynecomastia is a clinical condition in which men have enlarged breasts like a woman and the development of benign excessive breast tissues occurs. It is categorized under endocrine system disorder in which a non-cancerous increase in the size of male breast tissue occurs. Gynecomastia or man boobs can occur at any age, which may be a result of hormonal changes, heredity, obesity, or the use of certain medications.
Gynecomastia is a medical condition, meaning male breast enlargement which needs surgical attention. Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contour, which is acceptable for a masculine body figure. Scientifically, it is also known as reduction mammoplasty in which the areola (the dark skin surrounding the nipple) and the nipple are repositioned, along with reducing the excess skin, if the male has an excess sagging chest.
In severe cases of gynecomastia, breast sagging can also appear due to the weight of enlarged and excess breast tissues results in stretching of the areola. This condition demands surgical attention and that is why Gynecomastia surgery is performed to correct the shape, size, and contour of the male breast.
Gynecomastia is common and occurs at any age in men, which is associated with benign pubertal changes. However, in most of the cases, the pubertal gynecomastia is resolved within two years of onset without treatment. In rare cases, gynecomastia has known to be occurring in association with certain disease states.
About 70% of adolescent boys are victims of physiologic gynecomastia and newborns at birth often have temporary gynecomastia due to the influence of maternal hormone.
Thus, gynecomastia surgery is performed to reduce the size of enlarged breasts in men when it is not corrected itself or when adolescent males have a severe state of the problem. In such particular cases, surgical removal of the excess tissue is usually required.
- TIME REQUIRED: 60-90 Min.
- ANESTHESIA: LOCAL ANESTHESIA / GENERAL ANESTHESIA IF GYNECOMASTIA IS LARGE
- PAIN LEVEL: MILD TO MODERATE
- HOSPITAL STAY: DAYCARE SURGERY
- FLYBACK: 3-4 DAYS
- SUCCESS RATE: VERY HIGH
- RESULTS: IMMEDIATELY VISIBLE
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY?
- You will get a more masculine figure with boosted self-confidence
- Enhanced self-esteem makes you feel comfortable while socializing
- You will be more physically active and going shirtless would be no more a hesitation
- It improves back pain and posture because running & jumping becomes easier for men after removing the excess breast tissues
- You will have more choice for clothing and an easier day-to-day activity due to improved physical posture.
AM I RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY?
It is very important to attend the primary consultation, which is done by the board-certified plastic surgeon so that one could get aware of your state of the problem and the feasible alternative to sort out the issue. Of course, the male breast enlargement or male moobs have none other option than surgical removal, which permanently removes the enlarged breast tissues from the chest area.
Gynecomastia surgery candidates include:
- If the issue of enlarged male breasts cannot be corrected with alternative solutions such as medications / lifestyle change / diet and exercise.
- A healthy individual who do not have a life-threatening disease or medical conditions that can obstruct healing
If you make up your mind and get ready to quit smoking a few weeks pre-and-post surgical procedure
- You have a realistic surgical expectation and positive outlook in mind for Gynecomastia surgery
- You are physically fit and of relatively normal weight
- Men whose breast enlargement/growth is older than a year and has stabilized.
- Young boys at pubertal age group who may be psychologically disturbed or bullied due to the size of their chest
The medical fitness tests are done in order to address any other associated medical conditions. The surgical goal and plan are discussed with the patients and marking are done on the surgical sites.
Gynecomastia surgery is performed under either local or general anesthesia as it depends on the gradation of gynecomastia surgery, the patient’s physiological status as well as the expertise of the surgeon. Nowadays, with the development of technology and technique, at Dr. Karishma Aesthetics, we perform the male boob’s reduction with the VASER technology under local anesthesia, in many cases.
Usually, a small tiny hole is made at the periareolar border or inside the armpit for the liposuction technique. The liposuction technique is chosen when gynecomastia occurs due to excessive fat deposition. This requires the insertion of a cannula, a thin hollow tube, through several small incisions. There are various liposuction techniques used to perform the procedure, which is decided by your surgeon at the time of primary assessment. The technique that suits your problem state will be chosen and the aesthetic outcomes can be expected.
The excision technique is chosen when glandular breast tissues and excess skin must be removed to correct gynecomastia. This technique is needed to correct and reduce areola size or repositioning the nipple in order to achieve a more natural male contour.
Combination of Liposuction & Excision Technique:
In the combination technique, both the liposuction and the excision methods are used to treat male boob’s reduction. This technique leaves no chance of reoccurrence of the male breasts.
Excision of skin:
The step of skin removal is only used in treating grade 4 or severe gynecomastia. It is recommended to wait at least 6-8 months before going for skin excision. One must note that the combination of LASER & VASER gives better skin tightening.
It’s a daycare surgery so you can go home on the same day of the surgery once you feel comfortable to get discharged. After the procedure dressings or bandages are applied to your incisions. A support garment will be advisable that ease the healing process and also mold the chest shape as required. You will be given specific instructions that include how to care, surgical site and drain, medications to apply or take orally, including the general follow-up guidelines.
Gynecomastia surgery results are immediately visible. You do not need to worry about post-procedure swelling or scar as it resolves over time once you complete the healing phase.
It is a must to follow all the instructions given by your surgeon in order to achieve a faster healing process. You can start office work within 2-3 days after the surgery. Driving can be started after 3-4 days and cardio activities after a week, whereas the gym should be started after 2 weeks. There are no dietary restrictions after the surgery.
THE RISKS INVOLVED: ARE YOU WORRIED?
Risks or complications are rare with Gynecomastia surgery but can occur if the performing surgeon is not an expert. There is no more worry about complications such as bleeding, swelling, pain, scar, or infection as it is common likewise any surgical procedures and can be controlled effectively with the proper care, instructions, and post-op measures.
Some side effects or risks that are common, but can be controlled effectively as follows:
2. Swelling / Bruising
4. Persistent pain
5. Breast shape irregularities
7. Poor wound healing
8. The Possibility of revision surgery.
These all risks or complications will be discussed properly prior to your surgical procedure and it’s important to follow all the instruction measures given by the performing surgeon.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS?
Gynecomastia surgery gives an immediate result means the reduced breast size will be prominent just after the surgery. The final results will take up to 3-6 months in order to achieve the end of the healing process and attaining the goal of gynecomastia surgery. The incision lines will fade over time and chest becomes flattened and muscles are highlighted. 4D VASER-assisted high-definition liposculpting combine fat injection helps in achieving the chest pectoral more muscular.
Some key points to consider while expecting the Gynecomastia results is jotted down below:
1. The incision lines fade over time, while most of the scars concealed within the natural contour.
2. The results will improve your self-confidence and self-image.
3. In some situations, it might be possible to perform revision surgery to achieve optimal results.
4. The revision surgery is only required when a person wants the additional tightening or repositioning of the breasts.
GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY RECOVERY:
Immediate after the Procedure:
Dressing or bandages will be applied to the incision areas. A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess fluid or blood.
Discharging will be the same day of the procedure once you feel comfortable to leaving the hospital. One can resume office work in a day or two. Driving can be started after 3-4 days. The gym can be started after 3-4 weeks’ time, but cardio like activities after a week is okay. There is no restriction in the dietary chart.
Wear support Garment:
Support garment or elastic bandage will be given to wear, as it helps in minimizing swelling and support new chest contour after surgery. You will be given special instructions that may include how to care for surgical site and drains, when to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, and medications to apply or take orally to aid the healing process and reduce the chances of infections or minor complications.
It is important to note that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, swelling, or abrasions during the time of healing. Thus, it is advisable to follow all the instructions given by your plastic surgeon after male boob reduction surgery.
APPLIED ADVANCED TECHNIQUE TO PERFORM THE PROCEDURE:
To perform gynecomastia/male chest reduction surgery, we at DR. Karishma Aesthetics excel in employing the latest advancement and are committed to delivering the best possible outcomes. Our plastic surgeon, DR. Karishma Kagodu has years of experience and excellence, and her interest to adopt modern technology and innovation in the cosmetic practice sets her apart from others. Dr. Karishma Kagodu has outstanding aesthetic skills in employing the combined technique of advanced LASER & VASER liposuction to perform male chest reduction surgery and she does it on a regular basis at her clinic in Bangalore.
What are the Benefits of Combined techniques of LASER & VASER Liposuction in Gynecomastia Surgery?
1. It is a highly effective technique to treat gynecomastia, which uses advanced methods to break up and draw off excess fat through a fine cannula.
2. It gives painless; and almost scarless recovery.
3. It gives a practically permanent solution when combined with gland excision.
4. It is a safer medium to perform surgery, as it uses an ultrasound technique where an inaudible sound wave removes fat.
5. VASER technology allows the surgeon to sculpt the area and helps in creating the desired chest contour.
6. It provides smooth results with very minimal downtime and recovery is faster too.
7. It enhances the outcome by sculpting the chest and helping achieve the right chest shape matched to the desired masculinity.
8. It is less invasive than the traditional liposuction method, so you will have minimal swelling or bruising.
TOP THINGS TO CONSIDER WHILE CHOOSING GYNECOMASTIA SURGERY:
1. It is paramount that you choose the right surgeon for having the best results of the gynecomastia surgery. You want a surgeon who is board-certified, has a lot of experience specially treating gynecomastia surgery and has a lot of understanding about gynecomastia surgery concerning the underlying causes of the surgery, a feasible technique to perform the surgery, as well as the attainable realistic outcomes.
2. It is needed to be considered where the surgery is going to be performed?
3. The chosen clinic/centre must have a licensed board-certificate.
4. You are advised to crosscheck the after-and-before photographs of the patients who have undergone surgery with the surgeon.
5. Are you ready for postoperative follow-ups?
6. Do you have realistic expectations with the Gynecomastia surgery?
7. Ask a friend or family member to come along with you to assist you and who can take you home after the surgery.
8. You should ask questions during the primary consultation with the performing surgeon.
9. You must do research and analysis as much as you can because it helps in planning the procedure accordingly.
WHAT TO ASK A SURGEON?
Does the surgeon decide the right technique of Gynecomastia surgery, according to your present state of the problem?
How much experience your surgeon has with Gynecomastia surgery?
Does your surgeon briefly describe the technique of male breast reduction surgery you need?
Does your clinic/centre inform you about following the standard measure of safety & hygiene?
Have your photos taken and evaluated by the surgeon?
Does your surgeon inform you about the possible risks & complications associated with the male breast/chest reduction surgery?
Did you get confirmation about the cost of Gynecomastia and the availability date to receive the procedure?
WHAT SHOULD YOU CONSIDER TO DETERMINE THE SURGEON’S EXPERTISE/AESTHETIC SKILLS?
1. The precision of seeing the case: Your gynecomastia surgeon must excel in analyzing your problem state and make sure he/she has explained the thing thoroughly. The precision of evaluating the case can be identified by the asked questions and showing the results given by the surgeon. During the primary assessment, the surgeon will measure the extent of your glandular tissue, which is located around the nipple. A physical examination is absolutely required to rule out the issue of fat presence or true gynecomastia. The ASPS, APSI, ISAPS, and IAAPS membership of the performing surgeon has a key role in determining her/his skills and expertise.
2. The credit of the Surgeon by achieving the International membership: The outstanding skills and mastery in performing the male chest reduction surgery can be proven through the membership that a surgeon holds and the world congress meeting visits concerning the topic plays a significant role to identify the credentials.
3. Awards & Accolades: The achievement of a surgeon giving the best results of the surgeries can be proven by the awards and accolades earned in their career. The artistic skills and precisions of a surgeon can be best known by cross-checking their performance and visiting the website.
Some FAQs of Gynecomastia Surgery:
1. How safe is Gynecomastia surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery is an incredibly safe procedure and patients achieve a smooth recovery if the surgery is performed by the expert board-certified plastic surgeon.
2. How is Gynecomastia treated?
The only permanent solution to treat male chest enhancement is gynecomastia surgery. With the combination of liposuction and excision technique, the surgeon removes the fat and glandular tissue. After removing the excess skin the remaining is tightened over the chest. The relocation of the nipple-areola complex is done if required.
3. Is gynecomastia reversible without surgery?
Most cases of gynecomastia resolve over time without treatment. So, it is required to evaluate the case during the initial consultation with respect to identify the cause of the problem. Gynecomastia is caused by an underlying condition, such as hypogonadism, malnutrition, or cirrhosis; it is required to have medical treatment.
4. How do I know if I have gynecomastia or fat?
There are some prominent sign to diagnose gynecomastia, such as physical swelling, pain, and tenderness of breast tissue, hard lumps under your nipples, can clearly see nipples under your shirt, or you have hormonal issues. Apart from all these conditions, certain medications, i.e., anti-androgens to treat the prostate, anabolic steroids, anti-anxiety pills, antibiotics, and hard medications can also cause gynecomastia.
5. Is there noticeable scarring after male chest reduction surgery?
The expert surgeon makes incisions carefully and in the natural folds of the skin, thereby it is all easy to camouflage the incision scar if any. The incision lines should fade considerably after surgery and At Dr. Karishma Aesthetics; we have a higher priority for giving a result-oriented, painless, and scarless gynecomastia surgery outcome.
6. Does Gynecomastia surgery work?
Only surgery is a permanent option to treat male breast enhancement issues.
7. How to shape the chest after Gynecomastia surgery?
Dr. Karishma Kagodu has expertise in performing 4-D high-definition sculpting during the gynecomastia surgery to offer the desired chest contour.
8. Can gynecomastia decrease libido?
Low testosterone and gynecomastia are common conditions among aging men. The decrease in testosterone results in decreased libido, low sperm count, erectile dysfunction, and enlarged male breast tissues.
what does gynecomastia surgery cost in bangalore, india?
It’s a highly individualized procedure and needs a customized plan for every patient. However, telling the exact cost of the surgery makes no sense. Every individual has a different anatomical as well as physiological status, thus the state of the problem in terms of grade of gynecomastia and cause for the same would be different thereby the cost varies from patient to patient. It has a significant role to have an initial assessment or consultation with the surgeon and know your exact problem status and the approximate cost of the surgery. The cost of gynecomastia surgery in Bangalore comes with a budget-cost option and relatively lesser than the cost applicable in the capital cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Kolkata, or Chandigarh.
Some factors directly influence the cost of Gynecomastia surgery as follow:
1. The Patient’s profile (The amount of fat to be removed, need for gynecomastia, type of surgery, body structure, i.e., height, weight, or revision case, etc.)
2. Surgeon’s Fee
3. Anesthetist fees
4. Medicines/consumables during surgery (Pressure garment, surgical medicine, or disposable)
5. Hospital facility & stay
6. The technology used (LASER & VASER Liposuction in Gynecomastia)
7. Immediate post-operative follow-ups.
NOTE: GST must be added to all cost quotes.
Generally, the cost of Gynecomastia surgery in Bangalore ranges from 55,000 to 75,000 INR plus GST. (Depends on the type of Gynecomastia surgery)
WHY CHOOSE DR. KARISHMA AESTHETICS?
- DR. Karishma Aesthetics is headed by DR. Karishma Kagodu a highly reputed name in the plastic & cosmetic surgery fraternity in Bangalore, India. She has fame globally due to her exemplary surgical hand and outstanding aesthetic vision. Thousands & thousands of patients vouch for her astonishing artistic vision and skilled super perfection in performing the Gynecomastia surgery in India.
- DR. Karishma Kagodu, M.Ch, M.S. is one of the best Gynecomastia surgeons in Bangalore, India, and accounted among top cosmetic surgeons practicing in India.
- DR. Karishma Aesthetics is top tiered plastic & cosmetic surgery centre recognized globally for its state-of-art facilities.
- The clinic is fumigated, equipments are sterilized, and surroundings are disinfected vigorously after every surgical procedure in the view of COVID- 19 safety & precautionary measures.
- DR. Karishma Kagodu is a great researcher and felicitated many a time by the recognized foreign as well as national societies & forums.
- She has completed her expertise in cosmetic surgery training from countries like Italy, Dubai, England, and Turkey.
- She updated herself by attending international conferences.
- DR. Karishma Kagodu gives a sufficient amount of time in the consultation process to carefully analyze every patient concerning their problem’s extent and feasible technique in order to get the best results.
- We have great concern for our patients’ privacy & confidentiality.
- We have a transparent cost system for every procedure.
- We have specially designed, set up concerning the anesthesia safety and patient’s comfort.
- We have a responsible patient support system.
- Supportive clinic staff always ready to take a patient’s concern.
- A 24/7 appointment ready to serve you.
- We have a strong follow-up system.
- We cater to patients via WhatsApp, personal mobile, and here also on the social platforms to guide you and assist you in the best way.
The content published on the website is for creating awareness and educating purposes only. This shall not be considered as a substitute for professional advice or prescription. The results mentioned on the website may vary from person to person as each case is different.